When you visit our website to view pages, download forms etc. We automatically store only the following information:
- The domain name (if available) and IP address from which you accessed our site
- The date and time you visited
- The pages you viewed
- The type of browser and operating system you used
This information enables us to analyse usage of our site and help us to improve the website service we offer. This monitoring does not include personally identifiable information. Most web site servers on the Internet will store this information every time you visit their site. Personal information collected from users of this site will not be disclosed to third parties. We will not sell, share or rent this information to any person, persons or organisation.
Whilst visiting our site you may wish to enter information in one of our online forms. This information will only be used for the stated purpose. You will not be added to any mailing list or receive any unrelated mail unless you specifically indicate so on the form.
This privacy statement applies solely to the Public Health Southampton website. If you visit one of the linked sites our policy no longer applies and we strongly recommend that you check their own privacy statement.
Cookies are small text files, used to improve web services for you. They make the interaction between you and our web site easier. Without cookies the web site thinks you are a new visitor each time you move to a new page. The benefits of using cookies are:
• enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
• recognising that you may already have given a username and password, so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
• measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
We recommend you allow the cookies we set as they help us provide a better service. We cannot identify you because the files are anonymous.
If you do not want to receive cookies from our web site, or want to remove cookies, select cookie settings under the Internet or privacy settings in your browser options, then add our web address: www.publichealth.southampton.gov.uk to the list of web sites you do not want to accept cookies from. Please be aware that there may be some functions on our web site which don't work when cookie consent is withdrawn.